Unfortunately, this isn't referring to a financial windfall...it would be nice to have a little more "green"! Nor am I referring to a suddenly more upbeat Kermit the Frog...
No, I'm referring to the bedroom we just painted! Right now, all three of our girls are still sleeping in one bedroom (the largest of the three hall bedrooms, which we painted pink right before moving into the house). We figured that there would never be a better time to paint the rest of the bedrooms, since we don't have to displace anybody to do so.
However, my parents are coming at the end of this week (yay!), and we wanted to have the "guest bedroom" finished before they arrived. So, it was time to get painting! We were a little nervous; although we both like painting, we hadn't yet attempted to paint a room with just the two of us before. We'd always had parents or in-laws along to help. Oh well...time to be the grownups and do the job ourselves!
We mostly worked when the kids were asleep or otherwise occupied (school, in front of the TV, etc.). This meant that we took about a week to get the room to our satisfaction! I felt like I was constantly doing touch-ups when everyone's back was turned! I was also a little afraid of the green, once we started painting. I worried at first it might be too overwhelming (I've never had a "green room" before in any of my various dwellings over the years).
When it was all done, though, I was pretty pleased with the results!
Granted, the furniture will someday coordinate a little better with the color, but overall we're excited. There was much proud patting-ourselves-on-the-back between Nathan & I, as well! We love having our parents help out, but it felt great to do it all by ourselves too. I can't wait to paint the final hall bedroom with my mom and dad this week!






No comments:
Post a Comment