Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Home Sweet Colorado Pt. 4: Baseball games of all sorts

I've gotta hurry up and get our vacation blogs posted...before they all fade from my memory! That's what happens when you have to get ready for school to begin as soon as you get home (more on that later).

Anyway, while in CO, we did more than visit museums and tacky theme restaurants; we also spent lots of time visiting friends and family. Obviously, we stayed at my parents' home; however, they are the only Nashes currently in Colorado. Nate's family, on the other hand, all still live in the Denver area or nearby--that means lots of aunts, uncles, and cousins to visit!


Like Uncle Evan, shown here holding his newest niece


We stopped by Grant & Molly's house on more than one occasion; they are very generous with their time & very hospitable; it was great to see them. They are also the family with the only other Barrett niece, Heidi. She and Celeste were very cute together, with their curly locks. However, they both got a little territorial over the little play-car:


Several days later, we were able to do something that Nate hasn't done in many years...attend a Little League game! Molly & Grant's oldest, Liam, plays catcher on his Little League team, and we thought it would be fun if we all went to cheer him on...


This was an especially nostalgic trip for Nate, since this was the same ball field he'd played on as a Little Leaguer many years ago!


The kids enjoyed hanging out with their cousins and watching the game...

...or, you know, NOT watching the game and taking a nap in the stroller.

Best of all, Liam had a great game...he scored two runs, ran the bases well (this is according to Nate; I'm afraid I don't know much about Little League or baseball in general), and his team, the Angels, won in extra innings. Go Liam! His parents were very proud and so were we! Here he is running home...


This outing made me wish two things: 1) I wished I had a boy, so I could enter him in Little League, and 2) I wished we lived a little closer to our extended family, so we could see stuff like this more often. I love living in AZ, but Colorado will always have a special place in my heart, and it's always good to see everyone when we visit.

Not long after this, we met up with more family--Ryan, Judy, and their son Cameron. This time, we all participated in a little game of T-ball...


It was lots of fun for all concerned--even if the kids didn't really know what the rules were or what they were supposed to be doing at any given moment.


Plus, Celeste's bat handling was a little unorthodox:



Not sure she'll make any professional leagues unless that stance gets fixed.

More vacation stuff soon (I hope!), including a campout, a Tiny Town, and a trip to Utah.

No comments:

Post a Comment